Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine's Day - Oh the Ideas!

I was thinking up upcoming blog posts and completely forgetting that Valentine's Day was coming up! I was reading through some of the blogs I follow and that was when I realized that it will soon be February 14th. And some of the stuff they posted was just soo cute that I have to post it here. And I'll be adding some Valentine's Day ideas from Pinterest (because I adore Pinterest and I enjoy it for everything).

My boyfriend and I personally never really do anything for Valentine's Day. This will be our fourth Valentine's Day together (this April we will have been together for five years). I remember the first year I was at his place for the weekend and he bought me flowers...and little heart chocolate bouquets. :) I know I took a picture but not sure where that picture is. I shall have to search for it. And other than that I don't know if we did get gifts or anything for each other. I love randomly giving him stuff or making him things so I don't feel the need to choose one day of the year to do that. Neither of us have much money to spare to spend on the other right now anyway. I told him that I'd be happy with a hug and kiss for a gift on Valentine's Day. :) I, however, do enjoy doing the cute little handmade ideas that aren't very costly. 


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~



These are heart sugar cubes from Homemade Mamas. I seriously think I'll have to make these just for fun even because they are the cutest. These remind me of these Candy Cane Sugar Cubes I found through Pinterest. I haven't made them yet but I LOVE candy canes so I plan on doing that. You could put these two ideas together and make heart shaped candy cane sugar cubes if you wanted!


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~



I love this idea. It's something that can be great to keep around year round. It's a nice reminder of why you love your significant other. And who doesn't like that? This charming idea I found on Yee Wittle Things. This was actually the first blog I had been looking at when I realized that Valentine's Day was quickly approaching.


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~


The next blog I had found Valentine's Day stuff on actually had a few cute things. Such as...


and...
And these charming crafts come from Bugs and Fishes .


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~


The best thing to come from my blog reading was these crepes! Oh boy, do they look DELICIOUS! I almost started drooling when I saw this picture. It's been so long since I've made crepes...I think it's about time that I make some more. Do you agree?



 The delicious looking food idea comes from Chef in Training. If you would like to make these, the recipe is in the post on her blog. I seriously think I'll be making some. They have a cream cheese filling, and while I never have cream cheese on hand unless I planned to make a cheesecake...I actually happen to have some cream cheese lying around so how awesome is that?!


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~


A movie that I can't wait to see...The Vow!

I love both of those actors and I'm a sucker for a romance. I don't care how cheesy the story line is, the movie still sounds good and I still want to watch it. 


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~


If you're not feeling up to crepes, here's a simplier idea for a Valentine's breakfast. Valentine's Day Egg in the Basket from Petite Kitchenesse.


Adorable way to add toast and eggs to a breakfast in bed possibly? Add in some coffee with those cute as can be heart shaped sugar cubes and some fruit and you're set. :)


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~


Or maybe this can be your breakfast.

Those also make me drool.  Yum, yum, yum. Mini Stuffed French Toast, it doesn't get much better than this. Not to mention I think I found a new awesome food blog. Yes, I'm nearly addicted to food blogs. Will Cook For Smiles has a  lot of really yummy recipes. 


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~


This is probably the MOST adorable valentine I have ever seen. I think some year I might have to make a whole bunch of these. 

Not to mention, you could have soo much find with posing and doing each of them differently if you wanted. I had actually found this idea last year I think. I thought it was cute even then. And you could do it for other events or holidays besides Valentine's Day as well. It's a very versatile idea.
Hop over to Landee See, Landee Do to see the other Valentine's cards she did. 


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~


Look what else I found!


Ain't it cute? Little Birdie Secrets show hers hanging from her light fixture but you could also use them as necklaces. Wouldn't little girls love getting this? It's a nice idea besides the typical candy. And if you get really creative you could take the idea from above and combine it with this as a necklace and BOOM! You have another creation.

I think I would honestly even make some of these for necklaces for my friends.


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~


These are an adorable way to give candy to friends. And they'd be fun to open! :) Check out MADE to see how you can make these.


~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~...~~~


I know there are haters for Valentine's Day, and I completely get where they are coming from, but I personally like this day of the year. To me it's not about saying that one day a year you HAVE to get your significant other a gift and say you love them and treat them nicely because that is something you should do every day (well, don't need to get them a gift every day but you don't need a day to tell you to buy them a gift. Spontaneously get them flowers every so often). But I like this day to show my friends and everybody that I care about them to. It's like back in elementary school when you had to hand out Valentine's to everybody. I still enjoy giving out Valentine's or little treats to all my friends as well. 

And even if you're single, go watch a romance movie by yourself or with friends, make yourself a nice breakfast, buy yourself a treat or make yourself something cute. It's about celebrating love in general, not just to your significant other. Show your friends that you love them and show yourself that love, too!

Well, I'm done my spiel. Off to clean the house I think. Some more...I already mopped the kitchen floor and cleaned off the table and folded laundry. Now to do more housework. Yay, the never ending things you do to keep a clean looking house.

8 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for mentioning me in your post! I actually bought the picture frame today so I could make it hehe. Hope mine comes out as nice as the picture though :S And I got so many more ideas from this post! I really want to see The Vow, I think it would be such a cute movie, especially with those two actors! And the red velvet crepes...*drool* lol. Can't believe the 14th will be here soon! Hubby will be surprised I'm actually putting in more effort than usual hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's getting so close! I might have to put in some effort this year, too. lol

      Delete
  2. Thanks for featuring my projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great selection for Valentine Day!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Thank you so much for sharing my french toast! I love several ideas from your post, thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to be making that french toast...don't know if it'll be on Valentine's Day or not...depends if I work then. haha

      Delete