Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Experiment - Dying White Bedsheet Red

I know...it's been a long time I posted last. I just haven't had the time or creativity for posting stuff. And I've been working and tired. This next month I'll be getting full time hours. Which I put all the days into my phone in a note before I left work yesterday...then I didn't save the note. *facepalm* I guess I'll be waiting until Thursday to get my days down. Again. But I did count  up the days so I do know how many I work. And I remember a few of my days.

It's finally getting nice out, too! Yesterday it rained in the morning then slowly stopped. Today it's sunny, but not terribly warm. From here on it's supposed to be sunny and getting warmer. :) 

I had so much energy to do stuff today (cleaning, dishes, laundry, etc) but now I don't have any energy. I just feel soo blah.. I have gotten some laundry and dishes done but that's it. Ugh. I guess I'm going to have to force myself to get up and make supper after I post this. Chicken Fried Rice is what I'm gonna make. :) Yum!


I experimented with dying a white bedsheet red. Sadly it did fade a bit after washing it so I want to do another dying of red then hopefully it'll be dark enough. I want to use it for a red riding hood themed photoshoot since I haven't been able to find a large amount of nice red material anywhere. :( Sadly I don't have a picture of the final product (well, before a second dying) Maybe I'll post when I colour the sheet again...

Here's some picture of my experiment...



It looks like a crime scene...



Yup...looks like I killed somebody...


I would've used our kitchen sink (no staining) except it's not big enough so I took my chances with a white bathtub. Luckily, it did not stain (I didn't think it would or at least not badly but my cousin had it stain her bathtub at one point).

That is all for my post today. Sorry it's nothing special. I'll try to get some cool up soon. Maybe another recipe? Tutorial? Show and Tell? Hmm...I'll think up something...

1 comment:

  1. Great article….!!!Nice to know about new things with helping concept. I am almost brand new to blogging and really like your post, it is really on target! Thanks for all of your time & work. Hope you always write this blog.
    Wholesale gold chains

    ReplyDelete